Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #202

Time again for that world-wide nosy into other people's craft rooms, hosted by the lovely Miss Julia of Stamping Ground! I was rather busy in the Stamping Studio yesterday, getting packages wrapped up for mailing (finally!) today. I had hoped to finish up the last card I was working on, but I simply ran out of time.

My desk this morning:
I think this is going to be an amazing, girly card when I'm finished! At least I hope so!! It's for a very special little girl - more about that in a moment. Here's the other table in my room, covered with the beginnings of three different cards to be made today! Quite the collection of random stuff, huh?? You'll have to come back and see how these different bits all come together! They are all going to be so different!

Please watch this:

A horrible tragedy, which happened about five months ago. In the piece, you heard about Sgt. Joshua Michael, who threw his wife Daylyn from the train, ensuring her survival and preventing their two children from becoming orphans. I believe that because everything happened so quickly and because he was injured, he was unable to save himself. Daylyn's daughter Maci is about to turn 8 years old, and this will be her first birthday without her Daddy. She has asked for people around the world to shower her daughter with birthday cards!!!! Would you consider taking time out today to make this little girl feel special? Please email me (j_kupsh@yahoo.com), if you would like the address. Even if it's late, I think this will really help her feel loved! Thank you so much in advance!!

************************

Some new Maggies for the collection!

Stamped out and put into my Magnolia binder!

I also picked up new colors of honeycomb paper!

I found these at the PX and they were too cute to pass up!
Happy Crafting, everyone!!!

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is such a wonderful thing to do, making a card for that poor little girl....and the start of it looks just perfect with all that pink ribbony frilly stuff :) well done you for supporting such a great cause.
And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who can't resist a bargain or three!!!
Hugs, LLJ 37 xxxx

Claire said...

i'll drop you an email for her address - this is such a lovely thing to do...
bless you x
happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
i overslept, so no. 21 this week...

ria gall said...

what a dreadful accident all those poor people. You are an amazing person doing the card plea.
Loving all that pink frill going on on your desk and some lovely new crafting stash
Have a great WOYWW today and enjoy the rest of your week
Ria #40

Intense Guy said...

Life can be so ... mean.

:(

Anonymous said...

The trim is GORGEOUS! Never heard of honeycomb paper. I must go and check it out now. SueC#97

Eliza said...

I didn't watch the video yet but I will after I have emailed you. Count me in I will send her a card.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza 46

Gail said...

I haven't watched the video yet, will at home.
I put the saying from the first pen in a mini album I made my mom last summer from the last Family Reunion we had!

Alison Scott said...

Lovely goodies on your desk.
Will email shortly to send a card to the little darling.
Thanks for the recipe for Italian Beef. Shall try that soon.
Alison
#66

Caro said...

That pink ruffled ribbon looks fab...a great start to a girly card. What a wonderful cause to suppport as well. Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing. Caro #120

Ali H said...

Lots of yummy stash ! And your stamps are all ready to colour - they look great ! Thanks for visiting ! Ali #129

AliceKay said...

I watch GMA every morning and saw this report the day it was reported. Very heart breaking story. A birthday card shower for a special little girl is a great idea.

Tertia said...

Lovely goodies on your desk, I am drooling over those new Maggies.
I will be sending an e mail to you soon.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #26

Rita said...

Life can be so cruel and downright puzzling. Such a shame! I love your new goodies--and those pens are something else! :)